Monday, June 1, 2015

Profitable trading is simple but not easy

Looking at some feedback which I have received for my blog, I think some readers have visited my blog to find an easy solution to profit from the Singapore stocks markets. And when they look at my posts talking about the whole concept of money management, they walk away from my blog to others, determined to read from a blog which can give them winning stock picks. I know such blogs exist, with beautiful charts and with amazing stock profit records. But for what I know, most of these bloggers may have very “deep pockets” unlike the many retail investors who are the target audience for my blog; so much so that with just say a 1% stock price appreciation, these blogger-investors can pocket few thousands of dollars in their pockets. These traders have the “bandwidth” to “cut losses” too. Do many retail investors have few hundred thousands to trade in one position? And can many retail investors afford to lose their hard-earned monies?

In writing the above, I am not targeting any blogger or any individual. I am just trying to dispel the thinking that trading is easy. To be very frank, trading is not easy; especially in Singapore’s markets where we are often the price-taker from the larger markets like the US.

The success of investing and trading simply starts in you: what are your investment objectives, how are you as an investor and thereafter, it is simply finding a technique which works (consistently) for you. I have really spent some time distilling, crafting, rationalizing, harmonizing investing techniques and always refining them to meet the “stock markets dynamics”. I know the process towards investing is not easy. But do not get me wrong, profitable investing is still simple, just that it is not easy. Simple does not mean easy.

I wonder why some people spend few thousands of their hard-earned monies on stock courses or to buy a trading software. The simplest concept of these courses can be gleaned from the free books at the libraries while for the more “complex” software, I just feel that it is not practical to assume everyone is the same type of investor so as to profit from the same trading software.

I always believe investment is part of a person’s total money management, hence in this blog; I share with readers topics covering the comprehensive aspects of money management besides investing per se. At times, I will also share with readers, some applications of my investing strategies before the stock prices actually rally, though I must always tell readers that I am not in the business of recommending stocks, but just sharing my perspectives, experiences, knowledge and investment techniques. Join the emailing list to receive regular Financial and Singapore stocks newsletters too! Like" me on Singapore Stocks Investing Facebook page to receive all posts on your Facebook as well as read more articles. Follow me on Twitter too.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews