Saturday, March 18, 2017

KIMLY IPO: how does it go for TOM K?


KImly IPO
Dear readers, as you would have most probably known by now; Kimly IPO subscription ended yesterday 17 Mar 2017 at 12pm and the IPO was oversubscribed by more than 8 times. As shared earlier in my blog post on Kimly IPO (you can refer to the post here); Kimly IPO is widely expected, due to its defensive business model, to debut strongly on its first day of trading next Monday; as a result it is most certain that those investors who have subscribed for Kimly IPO would like to find out whether they have been allocated any of Kimly stocks. And from the earlier post, you would have known too that I have subscribed to Kimly IPO stock as well.

As expected, Kimly IPO is popular among retail investors and the chance of being allocating the stock is slim. However, I still do harbor a chance of being allocated the stock. I did not receive any SMS message from SGX CDP on being credited with IPO stock yesterday (though I do not know whether SGX provides this SMS message for IPO stocks too). I still hope for the allocation when I woke up. And there is only one way to find out whether I am allocated Kimly IPO stock: update my bankbook.

When I slotted my bank book for update this morning, yes there were a couple of “beeps” from the bank book updating machine. I told myself that these beeps were for the updates of bank book related to my salaries, my expenditures, and not any of these beeps was for the crediting back of the amount I applied for Kimly IPO. After the updates were done, I took out the bank book and looked at it.

So what is the final outcome? Did I manage to be allocated with any of Kimly stock? Well, the answer is that I saw the crediting back of the amount in the bank book and hence nope, I was not allocated any of Kimly IPO stock.

Was I disappointed? Well, of course. Will I buy some Kimly IPO stock from the stocks markets next Monday? Well, it has to do with how much the stock price would go up from the 25cents IPO stock. Kimly stock aside, there are still a number of good SGX stocks trading at good prices for investors to choose from. So when I look at Kimly stock debut, I will do so with a cup of hot coffee and relax over this whole Kimly IPO episode. Not, this time the coffee would not be from Kimly coffeeshop (wow, so practical of Tom you may say), but it is my instant coffee beverage which I have a daily habit of drinking first thing in my office. Join the emailing list to receive regular Financial and Singapore stocks newsletters too! Like" me on Singapore Stocks Investing Facebook page to receive all posts on your Facebook as well as read more articles. Follow me on Twitter too.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews